This Dump-and-Bake White Bean Casserole is 100 percent vegan, spicy, and nutritious. You only need eight simple ingredients to make this vegan and gluten-free family favorite.
This casserole is a blast for those that enjoy spicy food. This Salsa Verde & White Bean Casserole combines Tex-Mex spiciness with the joy of fresh ingredients.
The ingredients in this dump-and-bake recipe are all-stars: vibrant vegetables, hearty beans, and just spicy enough to make for a great vegan white bean chili.
This one-pot recipe is a vegan adaptation of the traditional "Green Chili Chicken," with a few more ingredients to take it to the next level.
Vegan White Bean Chili with Salsa Verde Recipe
This dump-and-bake dish is quick and easy, just like the other dump-and-bake recipes
Here are some of the essential elements for this comfort food plate, which only calls for eight simple ingredients: Vegetable broth, Salsa Verde(Homemade or store-bought), Brined Jackfruit, Chile Verde, Fresh Corn, Onions, White Beans, and Rice.
Creamy white beans add some plant-based protein while brined jackfruit, which resembles shredded chicken, adds more texture than flavor.
Check the printable recipe card at the very end of the page for exact ingredient amounts and detailed preparation instructions.
The first step is to mix the vegetable broth and the salsa verde. Then the mixture should be heated to a boil to make the dish stock.
While waiting, put the white beans, corn, chilis, jackfruit, and onions in a casserole dish and top with rice.
After the rice has cooked, pour the boiling stock over the dish, cover tightly, and bake at medium-high heat. This dish is fantastic alone, but there is a better way to serve it.
You can serve it with toppings like fresh cilantro, yellow onions, tomato sauce, jalapenos, vegan shredded cheese, or any other topping you like.
Next time you prepare this dish, our vegan white bean casserole recipe could easily become a taste buds pleaser family favorite among your plant-based recipes.
Question and Answers
What are White Beans?
A class of legumes known as "white beans" has white exteriors and starchy inside.
White beans provide a lot of complex carbs, potassium, and dietary fiber and are a great gluten-free source of protein. White beans are nonperishable food, available in both canned and dry forms.
How many types of White Beans are there?
White beans come in several varieties. Among the most well-liked kinds are:
How to prepare Homemade Salsa Verde
To prepare fresh salsa verde, you will need tomatillos, onions, jalapenos, lime zest, and cilantro.
Salsa Verde's main ingredient is tomatillos, a distant relative to tomatoes.
You should boil, broil or pan-roast the tomatillos to prepare the Salsa Verde. All three methods are quick and simple, but broiling or pan roasting enhances flavor since the tomatillos are seared. Next, simply give the blender a short spin while adding the remaining ingredients!
For the full recipe link check here
Awesome Easy Vegan White Bean Casserole
- 1 Oven
- 1 Baking Casserole
- 1 ¾ cups low-salt vegetable Bouillon
- 1 cup Salsa verde (homemade or commercial)
- 8 oz Can Chile Verde(green chilies) Poblano pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn or thawed frozen corn
- 1 can Jackfruit Make sure it comes in brine and not sweet syrup
- 1 unit Small onion Sliced
- 2 Cans White Beans Rinse well to get rid of aquafaba. You should get about 2 and 3/4 cups.
- 1 cup Uncooked Rice
- units Optional toppings cilantro, dairy-free cheese, sliced jalapeños, Vegan mayo, fresh lime juice, or any other favorite toppings.
- Instructions Preheat the oven to 370F
- Mix the vegetable bouillon, and salsa verde in a medium-sized metal pot and bring to a boil.
- While the liquid is heating up, spread out the white beans, jackfruit, corn, onion, and chiles verdes across a rectangular oven pan or casserole oven dish, using a spatula to combine well.
- Sprinkle the uncooked rice over the mix. Pour the broth evenly over the casserole dish once it comes to a boil.
- Cover the casserole with cooking foil and bake in the center rack of the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove and top with fresh cilantro, green onions, jalapeño, and dairy-free cheese or any other favorite topping.
- Let it sit out on the counter for 1 hour to allow it to cool off to room temperature
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week, or freeze leftovers for up to 4 weeks.
- Jackfruit: to slice jackfruit, drain and rinse well. Manually shred the jackfruit, removing any seeds you find. You could also replace the jackfruit with shredded Impossible Chicken Nuggets or any other plant-based fake chicken.
- Brown Rice: To replace the white rice with brown rice, preheat the oven to 400F instead and bake for sixty minutes instead of forty-five.