These are the best vegan brownies I have ever had. These are fully vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, and chock full of chocolate. You wouldn't think vegan brownies could taste this nice. and this vegan brownie recipe does not include any strange, hard-to-find ingredients.
We break every brownie rule in the book in our Vegan Brownie lab.
Your brownies will turn out rich even without butter. Although they have no eggs, they turn out thick. Because they contain tons of deliciously rich chocolate flavor, your brownies will end up with that glittering, crispy, fudgy brownie texture everyone loves.
You don't have to break your vegan diet to enjoy the moist crumbs in our vegan brownie recipe.
Why do we call this Vegan Brownie Recipe Awesome?
So we set ourselves a goal this week in our Brownie Lab: To make tasty chocolate brownies without using butter, eggs, or milk.
But as you know, things don't come out perfectly first-time-around in any science lab.
Vegan Brownie variations
These vegan brownies are excellent and can easily compete with store-bought or homemade brownies. They have chewy borders, a chocolatey center that is fudgy, and even a crackly top that makes you want to snap at them hot right from the oven.
Our brownie scientists first tried an oil-based brownie recipe without eggs to see what happened. We wanted to avoid using flax eggs or any egg replacements. These were tasty, but they crumbled and fell apart. Ouch.
We then tried incorporating unsweetened applesauce into the brownie mix. The brownies kept their structure but became too rubbery. FAIL😒.
In this variation, we tried adding some dissolved chocolate and decreasing the almond milk amount. DISASTER!!
The worst formula, bar none, with brownies turning out oily and flat.🤢
In this one, we try adding almond butter. But our results were sub-par, so we discarded almond butter as an ingredient. Forget that. 🤦♀️
Now our team of brownie scientists was near desperation with horrible brownies piling up in the fridge.
Next, we changed from a cocoa-based brownie to utilizing genuine chocolate while diminishing the oil and increasing the almond milk amounts used. The flavor and surface improved. However, the brownies came nearly cake-like.
We were getting close.
Finally, We tweaked the measurements with version 6, coming out as pure perfection.👌🏻
This version is the one we share below.
Check out the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for exact ingredient amounts and instructions.
You needn't bother with baking powder or baking soda in this recipe. Utilizing baking powder will turn your brownies from fudgy into something more akin to a cake.
You'll love how fast and easy these Vegan Brownies are to make! All you want is a bowl and spoon - no electric blender required.
These chocolate brownies utilize genuine chocolate for better flavor and texture.
Since you want a genuine vegan brownie, check that the chocolate you use, either the cocoa powder or the chips, is truly dairy-free.
Mix the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients - that's all there is.
Make an effort not to over-blend. Just blend until there are no more pockets of flour.
We've tried making the brownies, both with and without the chocolate chips, and both ways come out delicious. So it is totally up to you how you want to roll them.
Avoid overbaking the brownies because they will become very cakey. Bake the brownies only until a skewer inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean. Before serving, allow your brownies to cool completely.
Put the brownies in the freezer for a few hours; they'll become incredibly fudgy.
The refrigerator is the ideal place to store these brownies. Once they have cooled to room temperature on a wire rack, place them in an airtight container and put them away in the fridge. These fudgy brownies taste good cold out of the fridge and even at room temperature. Additionally, any leftovers can be frozen!
Now if you prefer your brownies warm, you can microwave them for ten to fifteen seconds to serve them nice and warm.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Look around our website for more recipe ideas. Also Join us on Youtube at the Veganshift Channel for regularly updated videos, Live events and Shorts. Like, comment and subscribe to our community.
Vegan brownies: sweetestmenu.com/vegan-brownies/ Jessica Brown
Awesome Vegan Brownies: Best Fudgy Recipe
- 140 Grams 1 cup plain flour or all-purpose Wheat flour
- 20 Grams 1/4 Cup natural cocoa powder(50-70% purity) Sifted
- 200 grams 1 Cup Caster Sugar or Organic Cane Sugar Any other organic sugar like Organic Coconut Sugar
- 80 ml 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil Neutral Taste
- 200 grs 1/2 Cup No-Dairy Dark Chocolate Melted Chocolate mixture
- 1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 240 ml 1 cup vegan milk
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips Optional, Dairy-free
- Set the oven to 160 °C (320 °F) for forced air or 180 °C (350 °F) for standard air ovens. Use parchment paper or baking paper to line an 8-inch square pan.
- Flour, cocoa powder, and sugar should all be combined gradually with a whisk in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the chocolate bars in a small bowl filled with hot water
- Pour in the Vegan milk, oil, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Using a wooden spoon, blend until well combined and smooth. Next, carefully fold in the chocolate chips (if used).
- Spread the brownie batter evenly on the prepared square baking pan
- The recommended time for baking is around 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Avoid overbaking to prevent cakey brownies.